Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Keene murder victim died of multiple gunshot wounds autopsy concludes
David Wheelock, 48, 170 of Pearl Street was found dead in his home around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night after police responded to a 911 call for medical assistance and arrived to find Wheelock deceased.
An autopsy was performed Monday. Tuesday the New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, Keene Police Chief Kenneth Meola, and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn announced the results of the autopsy performed by the state’s Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Andrew.
“From that examination, Dr. Andrew was able to determine that the cause of Mr. Wheelock’s death was multiple gunshot wounds, and the manner of his death was homicide,” authorities said in a press release Tuesday morning.
Authorities also said they continuing to ask for the public’s help.
Anyone who traveled on Pearl Street between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday should contact the Keene police with any observations they made while travelling in or around 170 Pearl Street, which lies opposite the intersection of Pearl Street and Meadow Road.
Police can be contacted at (603) 357-9820, or they may leave an anonymous tip at the Keene Police Department’s online tip line: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
The investigation will continue throughout the Christmas holiday, authorities said.
Wheelock was wheelchair bound.
According to the state’s sex offender registry, Wheelock was convicted of 28 child pornography charges in 2005.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus