Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Keene murder victim died of multiple gunshot wounds autopsy concludes
David Wheelock, 48, 170 of Pearl Street was found dead in his home around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night after police responded to a 911 call for medical assistance and arrived to find Wheelock deceased.
An autopsy was performed Monday. Tuesday the New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, Keene Police Chief Kenneth Meola, and New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn announced the results of the autopsy performed by the state’s Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Andrew.
“From that examination, Dr. Andrew was able to determine that the cause of Mr. Wheelock’s death was multiple gunshot wounds, and the manner of his death was homicide,” authorities said in a press release Tuesday morning.
Authorities also said they continuing to ask for the public’s help.
Anyone who traveled on Pearl Street between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday should contact the Keene police with any observations they made while travelling in or around 170 Pearl Street, which lies opposite the intersection of Pearl Street and Meadow Road.
Police can be contacted at (603) 357-9820, or they may leave an anonymous tip at the Keene Police Department’s online tip line: http://www.ci.keene.nh.us/departments/police/anonymous-crime-tips.
The investigation will continue throughout the Christmas holiday, authorities said.
Wheelock was wheelchair bound.
According to the state’s sex offender registry, Wheelock was convicted of 28 child pornography charges in 2005.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Seabrook cop says he was 'in fear' during assault on suspect - 9
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 1
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 3
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apparent murder-suicide in Lincoln - 0
- Bullpen stakes Royals to 2-1 World Series edge - 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483