Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
City man charged with hotel assault, criminal threatening
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly tried to drag his new girlfriend back into an Econolodge Hotel room Monday is charged with pulling a handgun on several patrons who came to her aid.
Grady Cook, 25, was arrested outside the 75 W. Hancock St. hotel about 5:20 a.m. and charged with simple assault, false imprisonment and three counts of misdemeanor criminal threatening.
The weapon Cook allegedly used to threaten three patrons proved to be a “realistic looking” metallic Airsoft pistol, police said.
Cook is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the face and shoving her to the floor when she tried to leave the fourth-floor hotel room, police said. Three patrons tried to intervene when Cook allegedly pulled out a handgun and pointed it at them, police said. One patron said he appeared to be loading a round in the chamber.
Cook, who lives at 309 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to all charges Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division. He told Judge Gregory Michael that he is a student.
A police prosecutor requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Cook, with conditions barring contact with the woman he allegedly assaulted and the people who went to her rescue. Trial was set for Jan. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
The U.S. is a beacon still
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
- Total Votes: 917