Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
City man charged with hotel assault, criminal threatening
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly tried to drag his new girlfriend back into an Econolodge Hotel room Monday is charged with pulling a handgun on several patrons who came to her aid.
Grady Cook, 25, was arrested outside the 75 W. Hancock St. hotel about 5:20 a.m. and charged with simple assault, false imprisonment and three counts of misdemeanor criminal threatening.
The weapon Cook allegedly used to threaten three patrons proved to be a “realistic looking” metallic Airsoft pistol, police said.
Cook is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the face and shoving her to the floor when she tried to leave the fourth-floor hotel room, police said. Three patrons tried to intervene when Cook allegedly pulled out a handgun and pointed it at them, police said. One patron said he appeared to be loading a round in the chamber.
Cook, who lives at 309 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to all charges Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division. He told Judge Gregory Michael that he is a student.
A police prosecutor requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Cook, with conditions barring contact with the woman he allegedly assaulted and the people who went to her rescue. Trial was set for Jan. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917