Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
City man charged with hotel assault, criminal threatening
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly tried to drag his new girlfriend back into an Econolodge Hotel room Monday is charged with pulling a handgun on several patrons who came to her aid.
Grady Cook, 25, was arrested outside the 75 W. Hancock St. hotel about 5:20 a.m. and charged with simple assault, false imprisonment and three counts of misdemeanor criminal threatening.
The weapon Cook allegedly used to threaten three patrons proved to be a “realistic looking” metallic Airsoft pistol, police said.
Cook is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the face and shoving her to the floor when she tried to leave the fourth-floor hotel room, police said. Three patrons tried to intervene when Cook allegedly pulled out a handgun and pointed it at them, police said. One patron said he appeared to be loading a round in the chamber.
Cook, who lives at 309 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to all charges Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division. He told Judge Gregory Michael that he is a student.
A police prosecutor requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Cook, with conditions barring contact with the woman he allegedly assaulted and the people who went to her rescue. Trial was set for Jan. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Total Votes: 917