Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
City man charged with hotel assault, criminal threatening
MANCHESTER — A city man who allegedly tried to drag his new girlfriend back into an Econolodge Hotel room Monday is charged with pulling a handgun on several patrons who came to her aid.
Grady Cook, 25, was arrested outside the 75 W. Hancock St. hotel about 5:20 a.m. and charged with simple assault, false imprisonment and three counts of misdemeanor criminal threatening.
The weapon Cook allegedly used to threaten three patrons proved to be a “realistic looking” metallic Airsoft pistol, police said.
Cook is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the face and shoving her to the floor when she tried to leave the fourth-floor hotel room, police said. Three patrons tried to intervene when Cook allegedly pulled out a handgun and pointed it at them, police said. One patron said he appeared to be loading a round in the chamber.
Cook, who lives at 309 Spruce St., pleaded innocent to all charges Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division. He told Judge Gregory Michael that he is a student.
A police prosecutor requested $10,000 cash/surety bail for Cook, with conditions barring contact with the woman he allegedly assaulted and the people who went to her rescue. Trial was set for Jan. 22.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal