Four treated for smoke inhalation after fire
December 21. 2013 8:57PM
CHARLESTOWN - Four family members were treated for smoke inhalation Friday after a fire destroyed their mobile home.
Firefighters were called to Morways Mobile Home Park off Lover's Lane about 1:50 a.m., Chief Charlie Baraly said Friday.
Police reported the home was fully involved, and Baraly said he upgraded the fire to two alarms.
Owners Wayne and Peggy Simoneaw, their daughter, 20, and their son, 25, had been sleeping when the fire started, but were out of the home when firefighters arrived, Baraly said.
Two family pets, a dog and a hamster, also escaped the fire.
Baraly said Wayne Simoneaw was still in the hospital Friday afternoon.
Firefighters are investigating, but said the fire does not appear to have been set, Baraly said. Mobile homes on each side of the structure sustained minor siding damage.
Firefighters from Langdon, North Walpole, Walpole and Springfield, Vt., responded. Claremont firefighters covered the Charlestown fire station.
Firefighters knocked down the blaze in about 45 minutes, but were on the scene until about 6:30 a.m. making sure all hot spots were out.
"The firefighters on the scene did a fabulous job," Baraly said.
The Red Cross was notified.
- Meghan Pierce Sunday News Correspondent email@example.com