All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Four treated for smoke inhalation after fire

CHARLESTOWN - Four family members were treated for smoke inhalation Friday after a fire destroyed their mobile home.

Firefighters were called to Morways Mobile Home Park off Lover's Lane about 1:50 a.m., Chief Charlie Baraly said Friday.

Police reported the home was fully involved, and Baraly said he upgraded the fire to two alarms.

Owners Wayne and Peggy Simoneaw, their daughter, 20, and their son, 25, had been sleeping when the fire started, but were out of the home when firefighters arrived, Baraly said.
Two family pets, a dog and a hamster, also escaped the fire.

Baraly said Wayne Simoneaw was still in the hospital Friday afternoon.

Firefighters are investigating, but said the fire does not appear to have been set, Baraly said. Mobile homes on each side of the structure sustained minor siding damage.
Firefighters from Langdon, North Walpole, Walpole and Springfield, Vt., responded. Claremont firefighters covered the Charlestown fire station.

Firefighters knocked down the blaze in about 45 minutes, but were on the scene until about 6:30 a.m. making sure all hot spots were out.
"The firefighters on the scene did a fabulous job," Baraly said.

The Red Cross was notified.

- Meghan Pierce Sunday News Correspondent

28th Annual Chocolate Festival 28th Annual Chocolate Festival
Sunday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.

FattyFest FattyFest
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Boogie Wonder Band Boogie Wonder Band
Saturday, 7:30 p.m.

USASA BoarderSkier Cross USASA Boarder/Skier Cross
Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle