Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Neighbors support victims of holiday decorations vandal
The incident occurred on Friday, Dec. 13, at the DonMac Drive residence of David and Joyce Bourque. About $600 in damage was done by an individual who can be seen on the video running across the lawn and slashing the inflatable decorations with a knife.
David Bourque said the incident hasn't been brought to a close yet since no one has been identified or arrested. But he is still grateful for the generosity Home Depot has displayed.
In addition, neighbors have offered their support and helped set up the display on Friday, Bourque said. Neighbor John O'Connor, a state representative, stopped by Friday to help Bourque clear snow and set up the new decorations donated by Home Depot.
They were also able to patch one inflatable decoration that was slashed in the incident and has sentimental value to Bourque's wife. The decoration of a Disney-themed sleigh was given to Joyce Bourque as a present in memory of her mother, David Bourque said.
"We've been getting that all morning," Bourque said. "It's a wave and a 'thank you' and a couple of emails from neighbors that say "I'll bring my grandkids by."'
Police are investigating the vandalism, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said in an email Thursday.
Bourque said he has turned over a copy of the video to police and they have attempted to enhance the images. Bourque said the report was just filed on Wednesday so he wasn't "expecting much in two days."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
- Sunapee officials say they don't plan to build housing - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917