Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly
Rumors have spread around town since the power-generating windmills stopped turning at the end of last week. Some thought the state had shut the operation down, as state officials are considering whether Groton Wind should have its operating certificate suspended or revoked.
"We are doing some work on some power line poles at the Groton Wind Farm," Cherian said. "That work requires the project to be de-energized."
There have been complaints and concerns raised against Groton Wind from residents, the state fire marshal, and the neighboring town of Rumney. The state's Site Evaluation Committee, the permitting authority for such projects, will schedule hearings in late January on the complaints.
Cherian and other Iberdrola officials have said they are in compliance with state codes and conditions for the plant, and say they are responding and have responded to the complaints and concerns raised.
The stoppage of operations was done "in accordance with standard industry safety practices," Cherian said.
"The Federal Aviation Administration, ISO-New England, and Public Service Company of New Hampshire were all informed, as is standard operating procedure."
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire