Popular West High School official moved
Puglisi will start his new job as assistant principal at Memorial High School on Jan. 2, Ryan said. Puglisi swaps jobs with Marianne Wood, the assistant principal at Memorial. She has been at Memorial for nine years.
McMillan said he has collected 500 signatures on a petition that calls Puglisi's transfer unfair and immoral and demands that he remain at West. Ryan said the school district administration has invited the students to meet with them on Monday.
"We've been a team for almost a decade and work well together," he said, adding that such a tenure is rare. But Adamakos said he is confident that Puglisi will be able to pick up where Wood left off.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 12
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 18
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus