Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts
He also faces a misdemeanor sexual assault charge.
Prosecutors say Ferland was free on bail at the time of the alleged assault, awaiting trial on charges of manufacturing and possessing child pornography. He was indicted on those charges, involving another girl, in June.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit. Police say Ferland had a sexual encounter with the girl at a baseball park off of Elm Street.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home. He allegedly sent sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483