Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident
Eric Cable, 35, of Hooksett was convicted of two counts of negligent homicide on Thursday in Rockingham County Superior Court. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
Jurors returned with their decision around 4:20 p.m. and deliberated for roughly three hours.
Cable, who took the stand in his own defense, had started drinking on the morning of the incident and continued imbibing throughout the day while ferrying a group of friends to a sandbar on the lake, according to prosecutors.
Blanchard argued that Cable’s actions were illegal from the outset because he was operating the boat without a license, and had no boater training.
Defense lawyer Peter Anderson argued that prosecutors lacked a conclusive blood-alcohol test near the time of the crash that proved his client was intoxicated.
Jurors heard that blood alcohol tests taken from Cable showed his blood-alcohol level at .04 and .03 about six hours after the incident.
Judge Marguerite Wageling agreed to revoke Cable’s bail pending his sentencing hearing.
Cable faces up to 7½ to 15 years in state prison for the conviction of negligent homicide/driving while intoxicated.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917