Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
No bail for Keene McLeod murder case
“The judge has not changed the current no bail status,” said prosecutor Janice K. Rundles, Senior Assistant Attorney General, on Friday.
Thursday morning after two days of jury deliberations, Kissinger declared a mistrial in the David B. McLeod murder case Thursday morning due a deadlocked jury.
McLeod, 57, had long been a suspect in a cold case surrounding the deaths of a family of four in an apartment fire in Keene in 1989, when the work of the New Hampshire Department of Justice cold case investigators led to his arrest three years ago.
McLeod, formerly of Keene, was arrested in June 2010 in West Sacramento, Calif., on four counts of second-degree murder in connection with the deaths of the Hina family, including Carl and Lori Hina, their 4-month-old daughter, Lillian, and Carl Hina’s 12-year-old daughter, Sara.
McLeod, 57, is accused of setting the fire in the Keene apartment building where his ex-girlfriend had lived.
“We had a combination of expert testimony concerning the fire itself and the various statements the defendant made both before and after the fire,” Rundles said of the evidence presented in the two week jury trial in Cheshire Superior Court.
“When there’s a hung jury because the jury has been unable to agree there’s nothing the bars retrial,” Rundles said.
Based on the age of the case and since McLeod has been in custody since 2010, the court is working to schedule a new trial for McLeod as quickly as possible, Rundles said Friday.
New trial dates will be discussed during a Monday morning court conference, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917