Home » News » Public Safety
Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas
The 89-year-old doesn’t hesitate to wish others a happy holiday even though her Christmas won’t be as bright this year.
Last week, a fire damaged a mobile home she purchased in Exeter a few years ago to help out family members who needed a place to live.
Pimentel is thankful no one was hurt in the blaze, which broke out around 1 a.m. Dec. 10.
Cathy Pimentel said the cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical problem caused by a pellet stove. They awoke to the fire, but managed to escape unharmed.
Frances Pimentel had just spent $12,000 renovating the home, which was not yet insured. She was waiting until the renovations were finished, her granddaughter said.
“We’re anxious to be in our own place and give everybody peace of mind, but I’m grateful I have a place to stay,” said Cathy, who also helps her grandmother with transportation and other care.
“There’s so much stuff I have to throw away, but it’s not a total loss,” Cathy said.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m just trying to piece everything back together,” she said.
“I feel so bad, and I just want to do everything I can do to help,” said Gilman-White, an insurance agent with Brownell Insurance in Hampton.
Gift, toy and clothing donations may be brought to Brownell Insurance, 860 Lafayette Road. No. 2, in Hampton. To schedule a pickup, call Gilman-White at 770-8431 or e-mail email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief