Home » News » Public Safety
Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas
The 89-year-old doesn’t hesitate to wish others a happy holiday even though her Christmas won’t be as bright this year.
Last week, a fire damaged a mobile home she purchased in Exeter a few years ago to help out family members who needed a place to live.
Pimentel is thankful no one was hurt in the blaze, which broke out around 1 a.m. Dec. 10.
Cathy Pimentel said the cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical problem caused by a pellet stove. They awoke to the fire, but managed to escape unharmed.
Frances Pimentel had just spent $12,000 renovating the home, which was not yet insured. She was waiting until the renovations were finished, her granddaughter said.
“We’re anxious to be in our own place and give everybody peace of mind, but I’m grateful I have a place to stay,” said Cathy, who also helps her grandmother with transportation and other care.
“There’s so much stuff I have to throw away, but it’s not a total loss,” Cathy said.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m just trying to piece everything back together,” she said.
“I feel so bad, and I just want to do everything I can do to help,” said Gilman-White, an insurance agent with Brownell Insurance in Hampton.
Gift, toy and clothing donations may be brought to Brownell Insurance, 860 Lafayette Road. No. 2, in Hampton. To schedule a pickup, call Gilman-White at 770-8431 or e-mail email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax