Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey
CONCORD — A man featured Tuesday as the fugitive of the week was arrested Wednesday after investigators found him hiding under a bed at a family member’s home in Jaffrey.
James Michael Porter Jr., 42, was wanted on warrants from U.S. District Court for escape, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.
He was serving a sentence from a 2010 conviction for interstate transportation of stolen property when he left a Manchester halfway house on Nov. 27 and never returned.
Investigators with the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force developed information that led them to the relative’s North Street home in Jaffrey where Porter was arrested late Wednesday morning.
Porter will be required to complete his federal prison sentence for the prior conviction, in addition to any sentence imposed on the new escape charge, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'