Second snowstorm in a week hits state
But the weekend forecast could mean a return to slick roads and difficult driving, as freezing rain is predicted for much of the state Friday and Saturday, according to the National Weather Service.
But on Friday and through the weekend, the state could be hit with freezing rain, he said.
“We’re monitoring that pretty closely,” Cannon said.
Stone said the big storms helps create enthusiasm among skiers, who don’t have to wonder if the mountains will have good packed powder.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Reports: No major damage caused by latest mixed precipitation storm - 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 7
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 12
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse