Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year
Hill was nominated by Greenfield Elementary School principal Noreen McAloon who said Tuesday she has been impressed with Hill who started and continues to run the school's compost pile with her third grade class. Hill and the third grade also run the school's recycling programs, McAloon said.
This year, each grade level in the K through fourth grade school is responsible for observing a particular tree on the school grounds and noting how it changes throughout the season.
Hill organized this project to include artist-in-residence David Fichter, who plans to takes the students drawings of their trees and use them to create a mosaic mural for permanent display at the school.
McAloon nominated Hill because she fit with the Hillsborough County Conservation District's criteria for teacher of the year by contributing to the natural resources of the school and by teaching conservation and stewardship, she said.
"She emphasizes their importance as citizens as part of the community to maintain that nature environment, and how to seek out ways to maintain it," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 49
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate