Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year
Hill was nominated by Greenfield Elementary School principal Noreen McAloon who said Tuesday she has been impressed with Hill who started and continues to run the school's compost pile with her third grade class. Hill and the third grade also run the school's recycling programs, McAloon said.
This year, each grade level in the K through fourth grade school is responsible for observing a particular tree on the school grounds and noting how it changes throughout the season.
Hill organized this project to include artist-in-residence David Fichter, who plans to takes the students drawings of their trees and use them to create a mosaic mural for permanent display at the school.
McAloon nominated Hill because she fit with the Hillsborough County Conservation District's criteria for teacher of the year by contributing to the natural resources of the school and by teaching conservation and stewardship, she said.
"She emphasizes their importance as citizens as part of the community to maintain that nature environment, and how to seek out ways to maintain it," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much? - 8
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 2
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 13
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
The U.S. is a beacon still
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson