Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive
James Paul, 33, of 32A Route 101A, Amherst, has been charged with attempted unauthorized use of a propelled vehicle.
Linehan said police located both men involved and learned that Paul allegedly tried to steal the idling, vacant car. The vehicle's owner, whose name was not immediately released by police, retrieved a handgun and pointed it at Paul in an attempt to detain him until authorities arrived.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident, but said the vehicle's owner does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
The area near the parking lot was temporarily shut down while police investigated. Witnesses were in the area and provided statements to investigators, said Linehan.
"We are still looking into that," said Linehan. "It is too early to tell."
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917