Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive
James Paul, 33, of 32A Route 101A, Amherst, has been charged with attempted unauthorized use of a propelled vehicle.
Linehan said police located both men involved and learned that Paul allegedly tried to steal the idling, vacant car. The vehicle's owner, whose name was not immediately released by police, retrieved a handgun and pointed it at Paul in an attempt to detain him until authorities arrived.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident, but said the vehicle's owner does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
The area near the parking lot was temporarily shut down while police investigated. Witnesses were in the area and provided statements to investigators, said Linehan.
"We are still looking into that," said Linehan. "It is too early to tell."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483