Memorial planned for longtime director at Cranmore Mountain
NORTH CONWAY — Cranmore Mountain will host a memorial next week to mark the passing of longtime resort director of operations Jimmy Mersereau.
The memorial is planned for Monday morning and is open to the public. The South Quad lift will run at 7:30 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. for the memorial to Mersereau, who died in December 2009.
A granite monument with a bronze plaque stands near the end of Jimmy's Run, the trail named in honor of Mersereau. Mersereau designed and built the trail, which connects the South Slope at the resort.
The monument offers a view of Mount Washington beyond the top of the south chair and was built in memory of Mersereau for his 40 years of service to Cranmore.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.