Home » News » Public Safety
Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported
"Basically the house was destroyed. The entire attic area of the house was destroyed by fire," Fire Chief Mark Howard said Monday afternoon.
The fire department received numerous calls around 10:28 a.m. reporting smoke and fire coming out of the attic of a one-story ranch at 2 Ryder St.
Firefighters found heavy fire involving an addition of the ranch through the roof and extensive smoke coming out of the attic space of the house, Howard said.
"The entire attic area of the entire structure was engulfed within about 10 minutes," Howard said.
Keene fire investigators are working to pinpoint the cause and origin of the fire, however, at this time it appears it was a wood stove fire, Howard said. "It's not felt to be suspicious. We believe it's going to be related to a heating, wood stove application."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run