Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Prosecutors say boater was drunk when passenger was killed in lake accident
Before the start of Monday's trial, the jury looked over Cable's boat under the guidance of Judge Marguerite Wageling, a prosecutor and defense lawyers.
Marine Patrol investigators later seized a bag from Cable's boat with 89 beer cans inside, Blanchard said.
A state expert is expected to testify that Cable was intoxicated based on calculations made from tests that registered his blood-alcohol results at .04 and .03 about six hours after the incident.
"There aren't any independent eyewitnesses to this event," Blanchard said.
Marine Patrol Sgt. Joshua Dirth testified on Monday that when he had Cable in his patrol car, the odor was so pungent he had to roll his window down.
Defense lawyer Peter Anderson said that prosecutors lack evidence that Cable was intoxicated that day.
"What happened is unfortunate and sad, but it's not a crime, and he's not guilty," Anderson said.
"A total of 16 people shared that garbage bag," Anderson said.
He suggested that jurors will not be getting an unbiased opinion from the state's expert who will be called to testify about Cable's blood-alcohol level.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod