Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Prosecutors say boater was drunk when passenger was killed in lake accident
Eric Cable, 34, of Hooksett, is facing two counts of negligent homicide in a trial in Rockingham County Superior Court. (FILE)
Before the start of Monday's trial, the jury looked over Cable's boat under the guidance of Judge Marguerite Wageling, a prosecutor and defense lawyers.
Marine Patrol investigators later seized a bag from Cable's boat with 89 beer cans inside, Blanchard said.
A state expert is expected to testify that Cable was intoxicated based on calculations made from tests that registered his blood-alcohol results at .04 and .03 about six hours after the incident.
"There aren't any independent eyewitnesses to this event," Blanchard said.
Marine Patrol Sgt. Joshua Dirth testified on Monday that when he had Cable in his patrol car, the odor was so pungent he had to roll his window down.
Defense lawyer Peter Anderson said that prosecutors lack evidence that Cable was intoxicated that day.
"What happened is unfortunate and sad, but it's not a crime, and he's not guilty," Anderson said.
"A total of 16 people shared that garbage bag," Anderson said.
He suggested that jurors will not be getting an unbiased opinion from the state's expert who will be called to testify about Cable's blood-alcohol level.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483