Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Prosecutors say boater was drunk when passenger was killed in lake accident
Before the start of Monday's trial, the jury looked over Cable's boat under the guidance of Judge Marguerite Wageling, a prosecutor and defense lawyers.
Marine Patrol investigators later seized a bag from Cable's boat with 89 beer cans inside, Blanchard said.
A state expert is expected to testify that Cable was intoxicated based on calculations made from tests that registered his blood-alcohol results at .04 and .03 about six hours after the incident.
"There aren't any independent eyewitnesses to this event," Blanchard said.
Marine Patrol Sgt. Joshua Dirth testified on Monday that when he had Cable in his patrol car, the odor was so pungent he had to roll his window down.
Defense lawyer Peter Anderson said that prosecutors lack evidence that Cable was intoxicated that day.
"What happened is unfortunate and sad, but it's not a crime, and he's not guilty," Anderson said.
"A total of 16 people shared that garbage bag," Anderson said.
He suggested that jurors will not be getting an unbiased opinion from the state's expert who will be called to testify about Cable's blood-alcohol level.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief