Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother
Thomas George was indicted for attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault and a single count of theft by unauthorized taking in Rockingham County Superior Court.
George, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood, could face up to life in prison if he is convicted of the attempted murder charge.
He then hit her in the head with a hammer, prosecutors said.
Catherine George called police around 8 a.m. on Oct. 24, saying that her son just stabbed her in the neck, according to police.
Catherine George told police that she believed her son was taking a higher dose of his medication than what was prescribed. He allegedly became angry at his mother, and accused her of withholding his medication prior to attacking her, according to police.
Thomas George then drove to Derry, where he stole a Chevrolet Blazer and drove back to Salem. A police officer spotted George walking toward his house on foot.
He will be arraigned on the charges later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Most charges dropped against North Haverhill man who threatened officers during standoff - 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Man faces charges in Rochester and Somersworth - 0
- Manchester chief turns to community to help fight gangs - 16
- City man arrested in shooting incident - 0
- Teen, 19, stabbed in Concord; man charged in Rochester choking - 0
- Grieving Epping mother continues lonely vigil for son - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917