Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot
James Paul, 33, of 32A Route 101A, Amherst, has been charged with attempted unauthorized use of a propelled vehicle.
According to Lt. Denis Linehan, authorities responded around noon to the parking lot across the street from Southern New Hampshire Medical Center for a man pointing a gun at another individual.
Linehan said police were able to locate both men involved and were told that Paul allegedly tried to steal the idling, vacant car.
"It appears that the individual with the firearm acted appropriately, as he felt that he was being threatened by this other individual," said Linehan. "We are glad that nobody was injured."
The handgun was never discharged, and no one was injured in the incident, according to Linehan.
Police said they are still trying to determine why the vehicle was running but not occupied. He was unsure whether an automatic car starter had been activated from the hospital.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
LNG plant put 'on hold'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917