Substantial snowfall forecast, with NH coast hit hardest
Forecasters are calling for a coastal storm to develop off the Mid-Atlantic and then move north toward New England.
The jackpot for snow amounts is expected to be on the Seacoast.
The storm will move in by late Saturday afternoon and continue into midday or early afternoon Sunday, Cempa said. Lows on Sunday will likely fall to the single digits in northern New Hampshire to about 15 degrees on the coast.
Workers at the Exeter Department of Public Works spent Thursday putting plows on the fleet of trucks that will be sent out to tackle the first big storm this season.
“It sure beats doing it when it’s actually snowing. It’s nice doing it in the sun,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
- Water damage displaces North Elementary classrooms - 0
- Farmers lament effects of long, snowy winter - 2
- Maple producers hope for weather to turn corner - 0
- Wintry weather for now, but wait until the end of the week - 0
- Spring arrives, as does more snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
- Legislative committees move 4.2-cent-per-gallon gas tax increase closer to reality - 6
- Northfield man presumed dead after 'Polar Plunge' in Bristol - 1
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Supreme Court: Liquor Commission, trial judge did not follow right-to-know law - 1
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Premium spike: Obamacare costs NH
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers