Home » News » Public Safety
Police ready to make a wardrobe change
Londonderry Police Officer Ronald Randall sports one of the department's new, casual uniforms during a recent shift at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. (Courtesy)
Members of the local police force will soon be sporting some stylish and more modern new duds while patrolling the town.
"We've been looking towards a more utilitarian look," he said. "For starters, the new uniforms have more pockets. They're easier to move around in."
Police Chief Bill Hart said that in the months leading up to the transition, he's hoping to publicize the changes so residents won't be alarmed or confused by the police force's new look.
"So we're spreading the word," he added.
Further details on the new uniforms will be posted on the department's Facebook page.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 9
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health