Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Driver was trying to kill himself
Robert Dellinger, 53, of 28 Birch Point Lane in Sunapee, is facing two counts of manslaughter in the deaths of Amanda Murphy, 24, and her fiance, Jason Timmons, 29. Though Murphy was eight months pregnant, Dellinger is not facing charges in the death of her unborn child because the state's homicide laws don't account for unborn children, Morrell said.
After his release from the hospital Tuesday, Dellinger was arrested and charged with two counts of manslaughter. Via video from Grafton County jail on Wednesday afternoon, Dellinger waived arraignment. During the bail hearing that immediately followed, Morrell argued that Dellinger, whom she said has considerable financial resources from his work as an executive at major corporations, should be held on $250,000 cash bail. She noted Dellinger had already given his attorney $250,000 to cover bail should it not be reduced by the court. Morrell also asked that Dellinger be ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device to track his whereabouts, give up his driver's license and passport, and undergo a mental health evaluation.
"He could have chosen many other ways to kill himself without putting anyone else in danger," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917