Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Driver was trying to kill himself
Robert Dellinger, 53, of 28 Birch Point Lane in Sunapee, is facing two counts of manslaughter in the deaths of Amanda Murphy, 24, and her fiance, Jason Timmons, 29. Though Murphy was eight months pregnant, Dellinger is not facing charges in the death of her unborn child because the state's homicide laws don't account for unborn children, Morrell said.
After his release from the hospital Tuesday, Dellinger was arrested and charged with two counts of manslaughter. Via video from Grafton County jail on Wednesday afternoon, Dellinger waived arraignment. During the bail hearing that immediately followed, Morrell argued that Dellinger, whom she said has considerable financial resources from his work as an executive at major corporations, should be held on $250,000 cash bail. She noted Dellinger had already given his attorney $250,000 to cover bail should it not be reduced by the court. Morrell also asked that Dellinger be ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device to track his whereabouts, give up his driver's license and passport, and undergo a mental health evaluation.
"He could have chosen many other ways to kill himself without putting anyone else in danger," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917