Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Driver was trying to kill himself
Robert Dellinger, 53, of 28 Birch Point Lane in Sunapee, is facing two counts of manslaughter in the deaths of Amanda Murphy, 24, and her fiance, Jason Timmons, 29. Though Murphy was eight months pregnant, Dellinger is not facing charges in the death of her unborn child because the state's homicide laws don't account for unborn children, Morrell said.
After his release from the hospital Tuesday, Dellinger was arrested and charged with two counts of manslaughter. Via video from Grafton County jail on Wednesday afternoon, Dellinger waived arraignment. During the bail hearing that immediately followed, Morrell argued that Dellinger, whom she said has considerable financial resources from his work as an executive at major corporations, should be held on $250,000 cash bail. She noted Dellinger had already given his attorney $250,000 to cover bail should it not be reduced by the court. Morrell also asked that Dellinger be ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device to track his whereabouts, give up his driver's license and passport, and undergo a mental health evaluation.
"He could have chosen many other ways to kill himself without putting anyone else in danger," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917