Dover Youth to Youth helps prepare for Santa weekends
Members of Dover Youth to Youth have been busy preparing for his arrival for the 7th annual Santa’s Castle, which is sponsored by radio station WTSN and The Bay. It is scheduled to run from 2-6:30 p.m. for the next two weekends to raise funds for anti-drug programs in the city.
Two of the visitors — James, 4, and Lily, 2, Travis, both of Dover — enjoyed decorating cookies, coloring festive pictures, hearing holiday music, making ornaments, seeing Christmas movies and meeting Santa, who asked what he could try and bring this year.
Santa, who wore the suit his mother made for him, promised to do what he could.
John Nash, 12, of Dover, said it’s a lot of work to decorate the many rooms, find a festive costume — usually with green or red leggings — and prepare to guide visitors through the season.
“I came here every year when I was little,” Dudley said.
“I had a little girl who once asked (Santa) for a unicorn and a pink flying car,” Schneider recalled.
Mitchell said about 150 to 200 people stop by each night. He added it takes about 30 minutes to navigate all of the activities at the event, but some people just stop by for a photo with Santa.
Mitchell said there will be a toy soldier, a giant teddy bear, the gingerbread man, about 25 elves and live music from the Winter Parking Band.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.