Here's a Tip
Big tipper stops for lunch
Collins has been traveling the country since June 18 giving $500 tips. His goal is to visit all 50 states.
Dube lives at home with her parents and 15-year-old brother in Dover. She has not yet figured out what she wants to do with her life, but it may involve working with children or in a health care setting. For now, she plans to put the gift away in a savings account.
"This is how we make our living, waitressing, and there are people who don't even tip, so it means a lot," Dube said.
Collins said he tries to pick affordable restaurants where an average family of four could dine. That often lands him in pizza places. In Portland, Maine, on Tuesday he tipped a waitress at the local Flatbread Pizza Company.
Before his life changed in 2012, Seth Collins said he was living a rather staid life as an IT professional in Kentucky. but always enjoyed traveling.
"If it inspires people to do good for other people, then that's enough for me," he said. "I don't have any expectations."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.