Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team
Central Principal Ronald Mailhot would not confirm that students had been suspended, but he said the school took "measures that were necessary." He said he now wants to meet with his Trinity counterpart to discuss what Central feels happened during the game.
But at Trinity, Principal Denis Mailloux said he's reviewed a video that includes the brawl and saw nothing that would cause him to suspend Trinity students or discipline coach Steve Burns or any assistant coaches.
The brawl can be seen via a Youtube search for NH Sports Page football Central vs Trinity Turkey Bowl highlights. (LINK)
The brawl happened during the Turkey Bowl, a Manchester Thanksgiving tradition that pits the top two city high school football teams against each other. Trinity was enjoying a lopsided score in the third quarter when a Central High player made a delayed hit on a Trinity player, according to the video.
"It's not right for a grown man to be in a minor's face," said the player, who said he was suspended for pushing a Trinity coach.
"I don't know how none of their players are not getting suspended," said the suspended Central player, who said he was hit in the chin by an adult he believes was a Trinity coach.
Trinity's Maillhoux said he'd want to know more about any assault or taunting, but only from Central authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
- Anti-bully message on display at Pinkerton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'