Peterborough seniors know they have friends
PETERBOROUGH — The 21 annual Friends of the Senior Dinner served up a festive holiday turkey lunch to 120 seniors at the Monadnock Country Club Tuesday afternoon.
"It's the best turkey in town," said dinner guest Joe Carrara of Peterborough. "It's well organized and the food is good."
After the turkey dinner, seniors were treated to apple crisp and a performance and sing-a-long with the South Meadow School Select Chorus.
The Kiwanis Club has held the holiday celebration for Monadnock area seniors for 21 years now, said Peterborough Police Capt. Ernest Belletete of Jaffrey, who along with Bev Monkton and Mary Lee Leedham leads the group of volunteers who cook the dinner.
ConVal High School Interact Club members serve the meal, which this year included 10 turkeys donated from local businesses.
The meal is provided at no cost to the seniors, Belletete said. And all of the food is donated to the dinner by local businesses and organizations.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.