Home » News » Public Safety
Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash
Two people required hospital treatment after a car struck a tractor-trailer which flipped over and spilled sand on Route 125 on the Barrington-Lee line. (NH STATE POLICE)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:53 p.m. after an accident occurred near the intersection of Route 125 — Calef's Highway — and Pinkham Road, which is about a quarter-mile from the Barrington town line.
The names of the drivers have not been released.
Nemet said McGregor Ambulance crews brought both drivers to Wentworth- Douglass Hospital in Dover
"We know it's a serious crash," Armaganian said, adding a heavy tow truck was called to the scene.
At 4 p.m., the highway remained shut down around the accident scene and was expected to be closed for another couple of hours for sand to be removed, the tractor-trailer turned upright and the truck's fuel tanks emptied, Vetter said.
Barrington Fire Chief Rick Walker said one engine from Barrington responded to assist at the scene, but they returned to town around 3:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem