Young teacher puts education in motion
With that in mind, the soon-to-be physics teacher changed gears as she prepared to teach 90 or so Londonderry High School seniors a thing or two about projectile motion.
The finished products were required to launch tennis balls toward targets between 2 and 6 meters.
"Which means that a traveling object is only influenced by gravity," he explained.
Seniors Summer Sanderson, Tia Andary, Stephanie Conti and Caroline Muse teamed up to create the catapult.
"We even watched a video of the Angry Birds characters meant to show us how to use different angles for shooting," Muse said.
"We recorded the project every step of the way," Andary said.
Reynolds said she decided to assign the catapult project because she realized some students learn differently than others.
While most of the catapults were fashioned from wood, the art of creative improvisation was certainly exercised.
"I've seen a lot of lacrosse sticks today," Reynolds said with a laugh. Another team incorporated a dog toy in their final catapult, she said.
Court said the team ended up using the data analysis program LoggerPro to assist them in the process.
When asked what she learned in the process of catapult building, Cintron didn't hesitate to reply: "I would have thought six meters was much farther."email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 20
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 9
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior