CONWAY — A claim by a Massachusetts man who thinks he saw missing teenager Abby Hernandez in an Internet video is drawing a cautious reaction from the missing girl's father.
"She kind of looks like Abby, but I do not believe it's her," Ruben Hernandez said.
A man called The Brockton (Mass.) Enterprise Friday night claiming that he saw a video in which he saw a girl he thinks looks like the Conway girl who has been missing since early October. The newspaper said it passed the information along to Brockton police, who took a report from the man.
The newspaper quoted the man, whose name it did not release, as saying the girl "looked exactly like Abigail Hernandez. It could have been her twin sister."
In an e-mail to the New Hampshire Union Leader, Reuben Hernandez said while he is not convinced the girl in the video is his daughter, he is still hopeful.
"Any news that would indicate that Abby is alive and well gives me hope and joy," he said. "I hope you guys will stay on it."
Associate Attorney General Jane Young said she had no comment on the Massachusetts man's claim.
Last week, authorities revealed that they have had a letter written by the Kennett High School freshman on Oct. 9. The letter, was received by Hernandez's mother, Zenya, on Nov. 6 and was postmarked on Oct. 23.
Young said last week that the disclosure of the letter has led to a number of tips but "did not produce any new information." Union Leader staff reporter Bill Smith contributed to this story.