Home » News » Public Safety
Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High
Principal Brian Stack said the message referred to a bomb in the school but provided no time, location, or other details.
Police were called to the school around 10:30 a.m. to investigate the threat.
During a search of the building, police reported that a "suspicious package" was discovered on the second floor of the school.
Superintendent Brian Blake said the "package" later turned out to be a band instrument.
Shortly after police responded, Stack issued a statement to the school community.
"At 10:30 this morning, the administration was made aware of a potential safety concern for the high school campus. The Kingston Police Department was immediately notified and decided the best course of action was to internally evacuate students and staff to a safe and secure area while the building was thoroughly checked. Once the building was cleared by the police the school resumed normal operation," Stack said in the statement.
The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax