Home » News » Public Safety
Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High
Principal Brian Stack said the message referred to a bomb in the school but provided no time, location, or other details.
Police were called to the school around 10:30 a.m. to investigate the threat.
During a search of the building, police reported that a "suspicious package" was discovered on the second floor of the school.
Superintendent Brian Blake said the "package" later turned out to be a band instrument.
Shortly after police responded, Stack issued a statement to the school community.
"At 10:30 this morning, the administration was made aware of a potential safety concern for the high school campus. The Kingston Police Department was immediately notified and decided the best course of action was to internally evacuate students and staff to a safe and secure area while the building was thoroughly checked. Once the building was cleared by the police the school resumed normal operation," Stack said in the statement.
The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 4
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 1
School's out for voters