Home » News » Public Safety
Police check out bomb threat at Sanborn Regional High
Principal Brian Stack said the message referred to a bomb in the school but provided no time, location, or other details.
Police were called to the school around 10:30 a.m. to investigate the threat.
During a search of the building, police reported that a "suspicious package" was discovered on the second floor of the school.
Superintendent Brian Blake said the "package" later turned out to be a band instrument.
Shortly after police responded, Stack issued a statement to the school community.
"At 10:30 this morning, the administration was made aware of a potential safety concern for the high school campus. The Kingston Police Department was immediately notified and decided the best course of action was to internally evacuate students and staff to a safe and secure area while the building was thoroughly checked. Once the building was cleared by the police the school resumed normal operation," Stack said in the statement.
The incident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with school - 0
- UPDATED: Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst is identified - 1
- Need a job? The NH State Prison wants you - 0
- Man dies, toddler rescued in Manchester apartment fire - 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 2
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood