Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America
"I want to see you again Abby, I do," she said.
The segment was filmed Sunday by an ABC News team that came to New Hampshire, and volunteers working to find Abigail, who was last seen on Oct. 9, said the interview brought great national exposure to the missing person case.
Announcers quoted Zenya Hernandez as saying in the time since she last saw Abigail she has dreams about her daughter, "and I don't want to wake up and see this nightmare."
They asked Zenya Hernandez about the letter she received Nov. 6 that investigators said came from Abigail.
"It was really numbing for the first three, four weeks, and then I received the letter and it was like, exhilarating," she said. "I went from constantly thinking, 'What could have happened?' going through every theory and case scenario in my head nonstop, to 'Okay, there's hope,' " she said.
"I'm just praying that some miracle happens," she said.
Hernandez explained that not hearing negative reports about Abby has helped.
"A lot of people say I'm living through the worst thing a parent can live through, which it is very hard, but I'm relieved every day that we don't have bad news," she said.
"I will never stop looking. I will never lose hope."
Investigators have not revealed details of the letter.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 4
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform