Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America
"I want to see you again Abby, I do," she said.
The segment was filmed Sunday by an ABC News team that came to New Hampshire, and volunteers working to find Abigail, who was last seen on Oct. 9, said the interview brought great national exposure to the missing person case.
Announcers quoted Zenya Hernandez as saying in the time since she last saw Abigail she has dreams about her daughter, "and I don't want to wake up and see this nightmare."
They asked Zenya Hernandez about the letter she received Nov. 6 that investigators said came from Abigail.
"It was really numbing for the first three, four weeks, and then I received the letter and it was like, exhilarating," she said. "I went from constantly thinking, 'What could have happened?' going through every theory and case scenario in my head nonstop, to 'Okay, there's hope,' " she said.
"I'm just praying that some miracle happens," she said.
Hernandez explained that not hearing negative reports about Abby has helped.
"A lot of people say I'm living through the worst thing a parent can live through, which it is very hard, but I'm relieved every day that we don't have bad news," she said.
"I will never stop looking. I will never lose hope."
Investigators have not revealed details of the letter.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
- Computerized firearms: Holder's bad gun idea - 3
- Republican diversity: NH welcomes political ideas - 8
- Reams vs. Foster: A power grab struck down - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire