New Hampshire Senior News Notes
NASHUA – Looking for ways to keep your home warm when the temperature drops? Learn energy-saving tips that help homeowners save energy at a free Seniors Count-Nashua workshop today at the Nashua Senior Activity Center.
Also included will be information on home energy audits as a way to identify sources of heating loss in your home.
Workshop participants can come early to enjoy lunch offered by St. Joseph Community Services (Meals on Wheels) in the cafeteria at the Nashua Senior Activity Center. A $2 donation is requested for diners age 60 and older; the price is slightly higher for those under 60. Pre-registration for lunch is required. Call Steve, SJCS site manager, at 882-2106 to reserve your lunch. Lunch is served from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
DERRY — The Festival of Trees at Birch Heights Independent Living Retirement Community will continue through Dec. 14 at 7 Kendall Pond Road in Derry.
Raffle tickets to win a tree will be $5 or a donation of an unwrapped toy. The festival open house and tree raffle drawing will be Dec. 14 at Birch Heights from 2 to 4 p.m. Meet Santa and enjoy holiday specialties made by our chef.
MANCHESTER — The New Hampshire Retired Men’s Association will have a Christmas social for current and new members at its meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 17.
A Yankee Swap is planned, and attendees are asked to bring an inexpensive swap gift if they haven’t already done so. Refreshments will be served. The association meets monthly with a social hour and refreshments at 10:30 a.m. followed by the guest speaker from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Meetings are held at Catholic Medical Center’s Community Health Services Conference Room on the lower level floor at 195 McGregor St., across the street from Catholic Medical Center in Manchester. It is free and open to all interested men.
• RMA also has a computer group that meets the second Thursday of the month as well as a twice monthly (2nd and 4th Tuesdays) cribbage card playing group. For more information about the computer group, send an email to Bob Chase email@example.com. For cribbage information, call Bob Campbell at 669-4944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW LONDON — The Kearsarge Area Council on Aging will host computer tutoring with Nick Ourusoff at 37 Pleasant St.
Tutoring will be available Mondays, Dec. 16, 23, and 30 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 18 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.; and Tuesday Dec. 31 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Christmas fun times at Birch Heights in Derry
Alzheimer’s Cafe will be Dec. 11
PLYMOUTH — Plymouth Regional Senior Center will have its Christmas dinner Wednesday, Dec. 11 at 4 p.m. The center will be closed during the day until 4 p.m. when the doors open for dinner.
Littleton light tour, concert are Dec. 16
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.