Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast
Marching north, it was expected to pummel the East Coast with snow, sleet, and freezing rain from Baltimore to north of Portland, Maine, according to the National Weather Service.
The New York City Department of Sanitation issued a “snow alert” starting Sunday afternoon, and was preparing salt spreaders and plows to clear covered roads.
Snow covered the ground and stands at Baltimore’s M&T Stadium, where the Baltimore Ravens played the Minnesota Vikings in driving wind and 25-degree Fahrenheit (minus 4 Celsius) conditions. The Philadelphia Eagles took on the Detroit Lions in near white-out conditions.
A number of traffic accidents were reported on Milwaukee-area roads and freeways, including a pileup of as many as 20 cars that shut down a highway in Racine County. In a separate crash, one person was killed after a vehicle flipped over along a slick road, the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mid-April freezing and flooding give Granite Staters a rude awakening - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- Lack of 'hot spell' has made for mild mud season so far in central NH - 1
- With rain on the way, flooding potential eyed - 0
- Londonderry classrooms flooded - 0
- Spring roads make the going tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing