Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast
Marching north, it was expected to pummel the East Coast with snow, sleet, and freezing rain from Baltimore to north of Portland, Maine, according to the National Weather Service.
The New York City Department of Sanitation issued a “snow alert” starting Sunday afternoon, and was preparing salt spreaders and plows to clear covered roads.
Snow covered the ground and stands at Baltimore’s M&T Stadium, where the Baltimore Ravens played the Minnesota Vikings in driving wind and 25-degree Fahrenheit (minus 4 Celsius) conditions. The Philadelphia Eagles took on the Detroit Lions in near white-out conditions.
A number of traffic accidents were reported on Milwaukee-area roads and freeways, including a pileup of as many as 20 cars that shut down a highway in Racine County. In a separate crash, one person was killed after a vehicle flipped over along a slick road, the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long