'Freedom Salute' honors NH Guard unit for saving lives
Politicians, military leaders, relatives and friends honored members of the New Hampshire Army National Guard's 169th Medevac detachment at a "Freedom Salute" ceremony Saturday.
Wanda Lavoie of Raymond was there to honor her son, Sgt. Drew Case of Franklin, a crew chief with the 169th. She was glad to see the state hold an official welcome ceremony.
Maj. Gen William Reddel, adjutant general of the National Guard, thanked the families for their support and sacrifice. "We can't do it without you," he said.
And Brig. Gen. Craig Bennett, commander of the N.H. Army National Guard, reminded all that there are still guardsmen serving overseas as Christmas approaches. "Please keep them and their families in your prayers," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Thousands attend funeral service for Marine in Peterborough - 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
- Fallen Marine to return to NH on Saturday; calling hours, service set for next week in Peterborough - 0
- Monadnock area family of killed Marine travels to Delaware for arrival of body - 0
- ISIS' victories may win it recruits from rival Syrian rebel groups - 0
- Bomb kills NH Marine - 2
- NH Marine killed by roadside bomb in Afghanistan - 7
- General: Iraq asks U.S. for air support to stop rebels - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson