Home » News » Public Safety
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
Law enforcement officers immediately followed up on the tips, which "were not all confined to the Conway area" in origin, she said. Thousands of tips have been investigated by authorities thus far.
Authorities have not detailed the letter's origin or content, but said "the tone" of the letter is consistent with Abigail's writing. Authorities also said they have accounted for the delay in the letter being postmarked and Abigail's mother receiving it, but would not disclose the reason.
Noting that Abigail has no independent financial means, FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said Friday "our worst fear right now is that, though she could have left willingly, someone may now be coercing her or someone may be manipulating her."
Paul Kirsch, who has been leading many of the volunteer efforts, said volunteers will be vigilant in getting Abigail's name, photo and story out to the world in hopes that someone with information about her whereabouts will come forward.
"We ask everyone to keep their efforts going looking for her and sharing her information with everyone they can and to keep reporting any tips or sightings to the FBI," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester